For your Blog:
What cities do you think have the amazing Penthouses? New York…. Chicago… Portland?? You betcha! Here are 10 Penthouses (which are fun to look at anyway) and one is right here in PDX! http://goo.gl/2DzBOI
I used to have a formula for home improvement projects. Multiply your estimated costs by 3 and your estimated time by 10, and you’d be about right. Here’s an article to actually keep you on your budget. http://goo.gl/cbf4Gx
Nice to know I’m not alone in thinking the real estate market went bonkers in September. This PBJ (Not peanut butter & jelly J) article has some quick look stats. If you want all the info, contact me and I’ll send you the source for all things real estate in Portland. http://goo.gl/zQSU5J
Fall PREVENTATIVE home maintenance – Joy! I’m loving the Windermere blog’s articles recently, and this one really hits ‘home’. Yes, many items on this list are not fun, but if you knew all the inspection report my buyers get that show the seller SHOULD have done these things (read $$$$), it might get you more motivated! J http://goo.gl/t5Pw5t
Ron—3629 SE Knapp St. 3BD/2BA–$449,000
Robin—5951 SE 17th Ave. 3BD/2BA–$495,000
Peggy—Coming up in Tigard–$259,000
Robin—Coming soon: 15th & Yukon, 2BD/2BA–$325,000
Windermere Mortgage: Mortgage Update
- Changes happening w/Fannie Mae in November
Needs & Wants:
Daniette—Buyers looking in SE within 50th, 2BA w/open plan kitchen, below $300,000
Robin—Buyers looking in Eastmoreland/Sellwood up to $750,000
Julianna—Buyers looking for $250,000 max
Buyers looking for 2BD, up to $117,000
- Windermere email migration is happening THIS Wednesday night, meaning Windermere.com email will be unavailable from 9PM Wednesday to 9AM Thursday– Sign up ASAP to get your phones/computers/iPads switched over THIS THURSDAY. You really need to sign up!
- iPhone users – I really like this calendar format. Much easier to view. http://goo.gl/mbxVOs $4.99
Upcoming Education Opportunities:
- 10/24 – Non-Conforming Sewers – 1:00 to 2:00 @ MO – 1 CE
- 10/25 – Outlook for Realtors – 1:00 to 2:00 @ MO
- 10/30 – Windermere Technology Summit – Details are here! 8:00 to 4:00 – $99 Register here!
- 1/19-22 – Ninja Installation – Lake Forest Park, WA – $595 Register here!
- Can the buyer ‘remove the home inspection contingency’?
- Seen these Silent Auctions through Dilussio Homes? Stay tuned.
- Nifty 1031 Exchange calculator. Not a PDX company, but their calculator is nice. http://goo.gl/PzNDFH
- September Market Action Link – what will you say to ADD to the data? http://goo.gl/8WQXOP
- 7 Rules of Email Marketing – even if you don’t do bulk marketing, these are good guidelines for any email.
- Has someone in your sphere “had their business expand in the last year?” They may need your RE help!
- In case you haven’t seen this Carrie re-make coffee shop promo, you should! http://goo.gl/4YEV1k
- Feeling ‘stuck’ when you want to take action? Four good ideas to get Unstuck! (Attached)
Some possible verbiage–
- “I wouldn’t be so arrogant to think that I could know the price of your home without seeing it.”
- “I want to do a thorough analysis so both of us know the price I come back with is the right one.”
- “Mr. and Mrs. Seller, one of the most difficult aspects of my job is to take your home, the place that you have raised your family, the place that holds so many memories for you, and turn it into a statistic. Unfortunately that is what I must do. I must look at your home as a prudent purchaser would. I must look at it clinically.