For your Blog:
We should put a beer tap in the office kitchen? This ‘Beer v. Coffee’ article would make me think so! Check it out. http://goo.gl/j9vlV0
How do you define ‘affordable? Well, the union that would be building the Park Avenue 30 story tower thinks it doesn’t qualify. I’m trying to figure out motivation on this claim. This building has stalled out three times since 2009. http://goo.gl/cWEaVN
A Portland Economic Summit sounds good to me. – It’s TODAY, and the ‘Best in SEVEN years’ tech employment numbers will surely be on the docket. http://goo.gl/2Sab0w
Since a quarter of the homes bought in 2012 were for rentals, is it time for you to think about purchasing investment property? – This is a quick read, but it gets you to think about the first steps in your decision process. http://goo.gl/o8aIeG
Chris – 1591 SE Maple Ave – 4BD/2.1BA – $769,000
Patty – 4427 SE Flavel St – 3BD/3BA – $345,000
Coming Soon… condo in St. Johns
Megan – Coming soon… 1BD/1BA at 99th & Holgate on a huge lot! $150,000
Needs & Wants:
Candace – 1st time home buyer looking in SW, <$350,000
Bill – 1st time home buyer looking for 3BD/2BA in Milwaukie, <$250,000
Buyer looking in Sellwood for a teardown
- Legal Holidays coming up: Veteran’s Day – November 11th (Branch Open) Thanksgiving – November 28th. (Branch closed 28th & 29th)
- AHS – Made 12 repairs last week in our client’s homes and paid $1,954 in claims.
- Want to send someone a screen shot?
- For PC: Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool
- For Mac: Hold down Command + Shift + 4 to bring up a special cursor, click & drag to capture image
- Our guest for the day is …… Stephanie Boles from Relo. Welcome!
- Mark your calendars: OFFICE PARTY on Wednesday, October 9th @ 3:30!
- 10/18 Premier Properties on the North Coast. This sounds SO awesome. Register here: http://goo.gl/20vOVt
- Claus and Paws – Put it on your calendar! Saturday, December 7th. More details to come!
- SentriLock – have you made your appointment yet? Here’s what to expect: http://goo.gl/2KkOUL
Upcoming Education Opportunities:
- 10/3 – Appraiser Approaches & Financing Tips/Tricks – 12:00 to 1:30 @ MO – 1.5 CE
- 10/24 – Non-Conforming Sewers – 1:00 to 2:00 @ MO – 1 CE
- 10/25 – Outlook for Realtors – 1:00 to 2:00 @ MO – BB
- 10/30 – Windermere Technology Summit – 8:00-4:00, $99 – More details to come!
- Historic Property Addendum – Be sure to bring up at listing appointments in areas that may be in an historic district.
- Some nice Windermere stats for Multnomah County (ATTACHED) Might be a nice addition to your listing presentations in the city.
- Contingent Offers – we’ve had several this year. Which form should you use? MY preference is the ‘Hour’ Contingency form. If not, whether you represent the buyer or seller, you need to have a good chat with your clients in regards to earnest money.
- Is Dropbox a good place to store your transactions? à doesn’t meet Real Estate Agency’s “Write Once, Read Many” requirement
- RMLS: Realtor’s Property Resource is here!
- Brian Allen’s tip on what the media will be saying soon. “The sky is falling.” Answer “It does EVERY year at this time. It’s called ‘seasonal’. J
- Should you put a link in your email signature? Yes! Here’s how: http://goo.gl/lOscDe
- NY Times Case-Schiller Interactive Report: http://goo.gl/v5BquT
- Visibility Plus deadline is NEXT WEEK: Tuesday, October 8th.
- Windermere Fed Ex discount – Be SURE to give them the code. If you just say ‘Windermere Discount’ you may not get the best price.
- Did anyone in your sphere “Have an increase in family size in the past year?”