For your Blog:
The Rise and Fall – Not of the Roman Empire, but the housing market. This interactive Case-Schiller report (which is way fun to play around with) is often quoted in the media, but knowing how it fits into all the other stats out there is important to know. Contact me if you’d like a quick explanation. http://goo.gl/Vrm3J
Weird AND Wonderful Portland – Fred Armisen from Portlandia wrote a pretty cool ‘I LOVE PORTLAND’ article. I found that after reading it that he’s enjoying our town more than me! I’ve got to do something about that! How about you? http://goo.gl/sVwgJ
Portland in the TOP FIVE in the UNIVERSE for increases in home prices – Well, it’s the US actually, and it’s month over month. However, this quick read PBJ article has the reasons FOR our appreciation right. http://goo.gl/jzz7Y
Multiple Offers – AGAIN? Buyers, especially first time home buyers who are now competing with investors, can really be frustrated. A good agent knows many ways to gain some leverage for their clients offer. Here’s five. http://goo.gl/p1ee2
- Cinde Moen – WELCOME!! Be sure to stop by her desk (across from the Rogers office) and say hi. She’s been in the business for 20 years with most of her work being in new construction sales.
- Office 365 Exchange update. If you’re a Droid user, getting on 365 soon would be a good choice. If you’re an iPhone/Mac/iPad user, the upside is much less, so I’d wait.
- Foundation Fund Raiser- Julianna is going to need your help –soon! On September 11th, we’re looking to have a fun ‘Block Party’. This could be an awesome event, but it will need both think tanks and dunk tanks.
- Standards of Practice – 6-14 1:30 to 3:30 @ RH – Need a sub! If you’re available, it would be awesome. Patty’s daughter is getting married the very next day, so she’s going to be a ‘little’ busy. Let me know!
- 6/6 – Short Sale Secrets for Buyers – 10-11am @ RH (1 CE)
- 6/6 – Real Estate Photography – 10-11am @ LT (BB)
- 6/10 – Video Marketing – Becki Saltzman Webinar http://goo.gl/26ZKL
- 6/10 – It’s Halftime – now what? – Ninja Webinar 11:00 @ MO (BB)
- 6/12 – Social Media and your Business – 1-2pm @ MO (BB)
- 6/13 – Earthquakes & Landslides in Oregon – 1-3pm @ RH (2 CE) TWO HOURS, and an interesting topic. BE SURE to RSVP – we need 20 minimum.
- 6/28 – Cool Tools Your Clients Can Use – 1-2pm @ MO (BB) This is a fun tech class geared to show you ways you can help your clients with real estate stuff.
- 6/28 – Premier Breakfast @ Biddle Estate in Vancouver – $35 email@example.com and include “RSVP June 28” in the subject line.
- New RMLS Changes (Attached) I’ve attached. Be sure to go to the end of the pdf for the actual 3 page contract. Also, I’d keep the summary page for a while. It has the definitions for their crazy abbreviations. You KNOW a seller will ask ‘what’s that mean?’. It’s good to have a source.
- New Windermere Forms – changes are subtle, but if you have packets made up of forms (agents still DO that?), the please update.
- Let me tell you how much I hate the work ‘until’ in a contract. If you use ‘until’ be SURE to add an hour along with the date. (until 5:00pm on June 6, 2013 – NOT ‘until June 6’)
- Back Up Offers and no counter. Remember the backup offer states it’s an addendum TO something. So you need a counter form AND the backup offer form.
- All Cash Transactions but Buyer still wants appraisal contingency. Use the ‘other’ in the financing contingency section – ‘This is an all cash transaction that is contingent upon an independent appraisal being at or above sales price.’
Concerts in the Park Postcard and eBlast available
- Here are the links to your eBlast. Notice that the link for Facebook posting is different than the one for emailing.
- SEND BY EMAIL:
Farmer’s Market postcard from Custom Express / Portland Events for the summer
- Crystal Springs Restoration Update-Your clients may like to know! (Attached)