For your Blog:
- You may have heard there are a lot of multiple offers on homes in Portland? Well… California always has to ‘go large’. How about 94% of listings have multiple offers in S.F, and three other areas in California. Check it out! http://goo.gl/DNpnW
- Does the sentence ‘ThingLink makes Facebook images ineteractive’ make you want to go ARRGH? Well, watch out, because ‘it’s coming’! And, it’s actually pretty cool. http://goo.gl/2cRCP
- Housing is doing very well thank you, but remodeling isn’t following suit at the moment. This article talks about the possible reasons why. Building materials, labor in demand, etc. However, a good read on how all those housing stat numbers we see tie into new kitchens in our neighbor’s homes. http://goo.gl/lYN2k
- Could it be that Multnomah County will be operating a strip club???? Well, no. But they are going to buy the land where the Riverside Corral Strip Club is located. Here’s a quick read on Sellwood Bridge stuff. http://goo.gl/lYN2k
Linda – 4371 SW Terwilliger Blvd – 4BD/3BA, open floor plan, views of Willamette river, kitchen and baths updated, expansive decks, $535,000
Julianna – Townhome/Condo around $300,000
Peggy – 0936 SW Northgate Ct. – Dunthorpe, 5BD/6BA, Grand great room with beamed ceilings, on tour next Tuesday!
Dana – Coming soon: sweet little house in Westmoreland on 21st Ave, 2BD/1BA on main, large backyard, partial basement, around $400,000
Needs and Wants:
Bill – Looking for Condo in LO or SW Portland, up to $275,000 – 2BD/1.1BA
Bill – SE or NE Portland inside I-205, about $175,000
Bill – Relocating from Maryland, needs walk-able neighborhood, around $400,000, Bedroom on main
Julianna – Westside around Jackson Middle School – Ranch style with 2 separate living spaces, 2,200 sq.ft., around $350,000
Candace – Condo, 2BD, up to $500,000, LO or Portland close-in
Kathryn – Close to Portland Waldorf school (Milwaukie area), fixer or ready to move in, from $200,000- $500,000
Kathryn – Looking for upstairs apartment or mother-in-law suite included with house, up to $350,000
Kathryn – Irvington – Alameda area, 3Bedrooms upstairs with Master and good sized Bedroom on the main with a bathroom, up to $1mil
Dana – Upper-End listing in NE (Irvington)
Dana – Eastmoreland with swimming pool
Patty – Eastside (close-in) house with 4BD/2BA, up to around $500,000
Clayton – Windermere Mortgage
- Investment buyers
- Usually purchase more than one home.
- 55% purchase for rental income.
- Average length of ownership is 8 years.
- Median home price is $115,000.
- 50% paid cash.
- Windermere Foundation – Julianna
- Golf Tournament Aug. 15th – Thursday
- Fundraising idea – keep thinking!
- Summer Concerts – Windermere Sunglasses giveaway
- MONEY DUE JUNE 1st – $52/person if everyone participates. Starting Mondays in July after the 4th. Make checks out to “Portland Parks”.
- Here is the list of concerts. We are the Presenting Sponsor for the July 29th concert.
JULY 8 Nikki Hill
JULY 15 James Low Western Front
JULY 22 Brownish Black
JULY 29 The Machete Men (LATIN!)
AUGUST 5 Lloyd Jones
Seis de Mayo Party was FUN!!! Thank you Candace for scaring all of us. J
- Moreland Farmer’s Market starts tomorrow!
- Your Sold listings will now be shown on your Agent Websites. Excellent!
- Alex Rovello Memorial Fund (http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/05/alex_rovello_memorial_fund_set.html)
- This fund will go towards renovating the tennis courts at Berkley Park.
- Donations can be made at any Wells Fargo Bank – just mention Alex Rovello Donation Fund.
- Windermere vs. the Market – YES!
- Listings Windermere +34% Market +24%
Pending Windermere +14% Market +12%
Month over Month Pending Windermere +24% Market +14%
Closed Windermere +17% Market +16
Month over Month Closed Windermere +24% Market +8%
- Regarding downloading movies at work – Don’t.
- Smoke Alarm and CO Alarm Sheet – GONE!
- Your government does strange things. Jane Leo Governmental Affairs bullets:
- By 2035 they think 70% of Portlanders will commute by mass transit. Currently it’s at 7%.
- 3 sign violations in Happy Valley = $2,500 fine.
- Flood insurance = 1% chance it will flood, even if it’s never flooded. And it’s going to get more expensive.
- Have a bill where agents would be required to register vacant property. It would be on public site and cost $5,000. That way bad guys wouldn’t have to work so hard to find the properties. J
- 5/17 – Put your Business on the Map – 11-12pm @ MO BB
- 5/17 – Premier Breakfast – MAC 8-11 – Brand Positioning for Success.
- 5/22 – Short Sale Secrets for Buyer Agents – 11-12pm @ LT (1CE)
- 5/31 – Get Connected with Office 365 10-11am @ MO BB
- Receipt of multi-page reports. How to protect your clients.
- Have clients initial front page, and include “Buyer/Seller acknowledges reviewing this report.”
- Zipforms Beta testing is almost here! Yay! Nothing yet with the whole Java debacle, but it does mean progress.
- Contact information on contract – PLEASE fill in – staff and escrow need it!
- Remember to also completely fill in the Transaction Memo including escrow information.
- 5/23- Thursday – “Meet, Greet, and Eat” Sellwood Business Alliance –6 – 8pm.
- SCAM ALERT – Official looking letter to your buyers offering to look-up & deliver their deed for a $ fee. Patty’s client received 2 letters from the same (Salem) address for different prices.
Windermere Old CMA. Its final day is today. If you haven’t gotten to know the WAY better TouchCMA, we’ve got lots of folks that can help you get up to speed. Just ask!