Nifty Oregon Health Site to add to your favorites bar. Now THIS site has a ton on it. Want to know about Radon? Birth Certificates or Death with Dignity info? It’s all here. Search away! http://goo.gl/b2Ree
Still fuzzy on the how and why of the real estate cycle the last 8 years? I’m pretty sure we can all agree that NOT GOOD would about sum it up. However, Phil Querin, an attorney who writes most of the real estate contract language in Oregon, has written a super article. This is part one. http://goo.gl/JoZsx
Is Portland being #5 a good thing? That usually depends on the stat. This one is our residential vacancy rate. This typically is a good thing for a robust real estate market. The flip side of that is that renters have a hard time finding a place to live and will most likely be paying more when they do. http://goo.gl/mNM4u
But where’s my jet pack? These futuristic concept drawings for cities of the future are WOW. My personal favorite? Well let’s just say I’m wondering if South Korea is compensating for North Korea getting all the press. http://goo.gl/LQMwF
Linda – 7033 N Portsmouth Ave. – 3BD/3BA, Open Floor Plan, Bamboo floors, detached one car garage, $399,900
Jeff – 5106 N Albina Ave – 4BD/2.1BA, Remodeled and Upgraded, lots of light, $475,000
Ron – 6324 SE 63rd Ave – 3BD/1BA, Property as is, 2 separate lots, $356,000
Susan – 4200 SE Bowman St. (Milwaukie), 4BD/3BA, Downstairs separate living quarters, Next to Kellogg creek, $589,500
Candace – New Condo – one level in LO
Needs and Wants:
Bill – Home close in SE or NE $500-525,000, Not bungalow, 2-3 BD on main
Bill – Close in SE around $250,000, 3BD/2BA, Old Style Home
Julianna – Close in SE, $600,000, really want a nice front porch
Julianna – Condo or House around $150,000 – not picky
Susan (from RH) – Sellwood area, $350,000, Master on main, townhouse is an option
Candace – Lease in West Linn
Candace – $300,000 in SE
Clayton Scott (Windermere Mortgage):
Bank of America was sued by Fannie and Freddie Mac. Part of the suit is not enough documentation from BofA. Be aware that your clients may be required to give more documentation.
- Dec. 1st – Claus and Paws.
- Still need Volunteers – Sign-up sheet @ Front desk
- Nov. 28th – Jazzing it Up! @ Jimmy Mak’s $5/Door goes to Windermere Foundation!
- Dec. 5th – Office Holiday Party at Peggy’s Home 6:00-9:00pm, RSVP by Nov. 30th.
- Dec. 5th – Silent Auction @ LT 10:00am-1:30pm
- Dec. 5th – Silent Auction @ RH 4:00-7:00pm
- Dec. 6th – Poinsettia Sale @ LO 3:00-7:00pm
- Dec. 7th – Windermere Staff Luncheon – Office Closed from 11:30am-2:30pm.
- Microsoft Office Classes available:
11/30 – 12:00 – 1:30pm @ Lloyd Tower
12/06 – 1:00 – 2:30pm @ Johnson
12/07 – 10:00 – 11:30am @ Raleigh Hills
- 12/04 – Property Tax Appeal Process – Invite your clients! 10:30 – 11:30am @ Moreland
- 12/07 – Irfanview (Photo Editing) Workshop 2:00 – 3:00pm @ Moreland by: John Anunsen
- 1/8-11 – Ninja Installation – Webinar (from Fort Collins, Colorado). http://goo.gl/is4Py
- Holiday Postcards & Foldable Cards Available on Custom Xpress.
- Loan Issues and Solutions – From Tammy Wittren @ Premier Breakfast
- Sales price reduced more than $5K after inspection
- Large Seller credit after home inspection
- Large ($5K+) items paid out on the seller side of HUD
- CO and Smoke Alarms – install before appraisal
- Short closes and the current state of appraisals – Appraisals are taking up to 10 days.
- Buyer Advisory regarding Bank-Owned Properties (ATTACHED)
- The Eastside leads the Portland home appreciation stats. SE – 5.0% and NE – 5.4%. http://goo.gl/l3AZF
- Additional Market Stats (SEE ATTACHED)
- AND……. Stats you don’t normally see. (List Price ends with ……….)
- Clackamas County Permits website – http://web4.co.clackamas.or.us/permits/history
- Construction Lien Pamphlet – Please give to your clients if NOT new construction but major work is being done on the home prior to sale. (ATTACHED)
- Finally a company with more letters than us! Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Northwest Properties.
- RMLS change effective December 1st. Dues are due by the 25th of DECEMBER for 1st quarter 2013.
- Customizable Brochure – Make it part of your 2013 business plan. Talk to Brianne if interested.
- RMLS – You need at least one photo to publish a listing effect December 6th http://goo.gl/Py9hw
- MLS Connect in-progress listing is now available! Thank you Richard! Aimee Virnig started it all.