And you thought YOUR place was small! This is a fun link that discusses ‘sardine size’ rooms. They’re bigger than that, but I LOVE a couple of the creative places they stash the bed! http://goo.gl/NZ5gq
And they call the wind….AWESOME. I first saw this Wind Map during Sandy, and the power of the storm as seen by this site was breathtaking and really showed why Sandy was so destructive. Thankfully the moving airwaves map isn’t looking like THAT right now, but really…. Check out this site. I have it as a favorite. http://hint.fm/wind
Llewellyn and Duniway decisions on enrollment and boundaries has been a really hot topic. Really the whole school district in Portland is of keen interest to a lot of folks in making decisions on where they live. Here’s TWO links. One is the Llewellyn and Duniway proposals that are being considered made earlier this year http://goo.gl/IArqk , and the second shows the next steps in the process. http://goo.gl/JEBv0
Lead Paint is so common in sales in the inner Portland area, that you almost get desensitized. However, you just can’t let that happen – especially if you’re a landlord. This is a great article (maybe a little scary, so breathe) that will up your Lead Paint knowledge. http://goo.gl/9QWoD
Dana – 4307 SE 35th Ave – 4BD/1BA, Huge unfinished basement, Big yard next to park, $329,950
Chris – 4838 SE 36th Pl – 3BD/2BA, $345,000
Dana – 4912 SE 33rd Pl – Exclusive listing, 3BD/3.5BA, Mid-century, HUGE lot, in Reedwood, $459,000
Lynne Murphy – 6337 SE Reed College Pl. – 4BD/2BA, $545,000
Shelle – On tour next week – 5725 SE 23rd Ave – Charming, Hardwood floors, great for young family, SHORT SALE, $309,000
Jeff – On market next Tuesday – 5106 N Albina, 10 ft ceilings, 4BD, unfinished top level, $450,000 range
Ron – On market Thursday – 6330 SE 63rd Ave – Craftsman Farmhouse, $356,000
Linda – Coming soon… N Portland 4BD/3BA, Tall Ceilings, Nice yard, Deck, $399,900
Patty – Coming soon… Mt. Scott, 3BD/1.5BA, Attached garage and detached garage in back, $200,000range
Peggy – On market Jan. 7th… Townhouse in Hillsdale, no HOA’s, very nice, $275,000
Needs and Wants:
Jeff – Buyer looking for fixer under $200,000
Shelle – Buyer looking for very Contemporary house on Westside, up to $250,000
Patty – Buyer wants Eastside with 2 Car Garage, and Basement, up to $250,000
Julianna – Buyer looking in N or NE Portland
Kathryn – Buyer looking in Alberta or Hawthorne area up to $500,000, gourmet kitchen, off street parking – Open to anything
Kathryn – Buyer looking in NE area – Irvington or Alameda or Eastmoreland – 4BD, $800,000,
- November 15th – Bowling Challenge is ON!!! 6:00 – 7:30pm ($10 straight to Foundation)
- December 1st – Claus and Paws. Postcards available!
- Still need Volunteers – Sign-up sheet @ Front desk
- Jazzing it Up! November 28th @ Jimmy Mak’s $5/Door goes to Windermere Foundation!
- Portland Business Journal Corporate Philanthropy list. Yay! (ATTACHED)
- Christmas Party at Peggy’s Home DECEMBER 5th! 6 – 9pm
- 11/15 – LARRC @ MO 1:00 – 4:00pm (Presented by: Brian Carlson) *3 Credit Hours
- 11/16 – Premier Breakfast @ MAC 9:00 – 11:00 (Financing Panel of Experts) *1 Credit Hours
- 1/8-11 – Ninja Installation – Webinar (from Fort Collins, Colorado). http://goo.gl/is4Py
- American Lifestyle Magazine would like a few minutes at a meeting? No.
- Thanksgiving Postcard and Email (if you subscribe to the service) on Custom Xpress (hurry!)
- Short Sales – Sold in the middle of a transaction to a Servicer. The Shelle Winkler Story Part 2.
- Clients received letter that the loan has been transferred to Seterus (a third party servicer)
- Shelle received an email saying that Short Sale cannot be submitted until a $6,000 contribution has been received.
- After legal representation suggested negotiating with Seterus – they responded that they were closing the file and would not submit it due to Sellers unwillingness to comply.
- PLUS – new Fannie and Freddie Short Sale Rules effective 11-1-2012 http://goo.gl/BfGyu
- New Out of State Earnest Money Form (Coming Soon)
- Reuben’s very generous offer on appraisals
- The person in title passes away and ‘someone’ wants to put it on the market right away. What does title do if they have a will OR if they don’t?
- With a Will they double the Title premium and must have all heirs sign to allow it to be sold.
- Must submit to legal department and all the living heirs.
- The latest on the Whole Systems in Sellwood.
- You are not legally obligated to disclose this information to buyers. But you should discuss it with your Sellers.