I’m thinking if something could bring 3,000 local jobs to Portland, then we should take a really close look at trying to make it happen. Greater Portland Inc. says the public-private economic development group is working on 25 projects that would do just that. A quick read and I’m rooting for them big time!
Looking at a Case-Shiller report and it gets your heart pumping? Well that’s a bit of a stretch, but you’ve GOT to check out this 20 city interactive chart. This site is the best way to look at their report. Spoiler Alert: ALL 20 are POSITIVE!
Here Comes the …..Cold, doo doo doo doo. Awesome weather in our amazing part of the world, but the temps they are a-changin’. This is a nice link showing the energy credits that are available if you are looking to change appliances or tighten up your home against the weather.
In this age of technology where does the voicemail stand?
Interesting article, how do you handle voicemails? Is text, Email or even Facebook a faster way of communicating?
Julianna – Coming up in December 3BD/2BA, Bonus Room, 2 Car attached garage. Ranch style, updated Kitchen, Montavilla NE Pacific and 70th area, $265-270,000
- October 6th – Portland Fresh Hop Beer Fest – Oaks Amusement Park
- October 28th – Monster Walk idea
- Thriller dance routine ?
- Direct Deposits and Credit Card Billing
- Paws and Claus – 1st weekend in December
- Need to find a Santa ASAP (for free with thank you gift)
- During Decemberville
- 10/3 – Vesting & Legal Description @ JO 2–3pm
- 10/3 – Credit Clean-up @ RH 1–2pm (1 CE)
- 10/4 – Condo FHA @ LT 10–11am (1 CE)
- 10/10 – Multiple Offer Agent Panel @ MO 1-2:30pm with:
M.J. Steen, Alexis Halmy and Chris Dawkins! (1.5 CE)
- 10/10 – Residential Real Estate Sales Agreements @ JO 2–3pm (Conference Room)
- 10/11 – Pre-List Inspections @ MO 1-2pm
- 10/25 – Ethics @ MO 1-3:30pm
- 10/31 – Earning a Higher Commission on your Listings @MO 1–2pm
- You need to add seasoning to your buyer down payment discussion.
- Allow your down payment to sit and be “seasoned” for 30 days or more.
- Write a check and make sure you can track it.
- Must have proof, must have paper trail.
- How would you like to defend these dual agency situations to a judge?
- As the buyer’s agent you negotiate with the seller’s lender on a short sale without a conflict.
- You list your mother’s property, and you can be objective to your buyer’s needs/concerns.
- 90% of your business comes from a builder and you can still represent a buyer impartially.
- Legal isn’t always defensible.
- Remodel and Repair Costs Sheet: From Pillar to Post. Use with some explanation to your clients, but still a good piece. (See attached)
- Your 2013 marketing plan question: Are you going to market your homes differently next year? How will you promote the points of differentiation?
- Odds of Selling Graph Oct. 2011 to Sept. 2012. (See attached)
- Visibility Plus November Deadline is October 2nd (Today).
- Ethics at www.realtor.org
- Whether you take it online or in person you WILL receive Oregon credit through PMAR.
- The 4 Top Reasons to Brand Your Business
- You need to differentiate yourself in your marketplace
- You want to eliminate your competition
- You want to shorten the time it takes to build trust with clients
- You want to gain focus on your core values
- Dispute Resolution Tidbits:
- 70% of Mediations are successful and don’t go to arbitration
- Arbitration: Under $75,000 has ONE arbitrator. Over $75,000 has THREE arbitrators. (At $200/hr each).
- What you DON’T want to be – an ‘Information Source’.
- Response: “I’m going to talk to my Principal broker and get back to you.”